REAL ESTATE TODAY
6 Home Renovations Worth the Money
As with a lot of things, increase of work at home opportunities has propelled us into a new way of thinking about things. Home renovation trends show that people no longer want bigger and better. Today’s homeowner is looking for ways to be more creative, environmentally friendly, and usable spaces. Spending home improvement dollars on projects that will enhance your lifestyle, and not your status, are hot trends in home design.
- Maintenance-Free Siding – The fastest growing segment in home improvement is house siding. Fiber-cement siding has become very popular to prevent termites and other wood-rot issues.
- Convertible Spaces – Doing double duty is a hot trend in home design. Murphy beds, reading nooks, and built-in work desks can add usable space to any room.
- Laundry Rooms – Carve out space in the garage or convert an unused closet to create a separate room for laundry.
- Larger Kitchens – Kitchen remodels have always been popular, but now more designers are incorporating the wasted formal rooms to enlarge the kitchen even more.
- Extra Storage – Looking to declutter now involves looking in new places, under the stairs, empty crawl spaces, above the cars in the garage.
- Home Office – Any designated location can become a home office, closets, basements, or even attics. Home improvement projects are on the rise. With the renewed focus on the home this past year, renovation trends have moved away from the extravagant to the practical.
Thinking about buying or selling?
Call us today for a free market valuation or to find out how we can help you sell faster!
We can be reached 24/7 at 315-820-4200