Just the title of this article will make professional real estate agents cringe
because they have heard it before. While most agents offer strong and
vigorous representation, occasionally sellers run into one that just isn’t
meeting the expectations. The good news is that even if you’ve signed a
contract with one of these agents, you may not be stuck.
The first step is to realize that you picked the wrong agent. Ask yourself:
- Is my agent properly marketing my home for sale?
- Did they use professional grade photography/videography?
- Is my home listed on all the public search websites?
- Are they using high traffic social media platforms to advertise my property>
- Did my agent offer a complete market analysis?
- Did you see comparable properties that sold recently?
- Are you priced competitively?
- Does your agent respond quickly to other agents and to you?
- How often do you hear from your agent? A couple of times a week
should be the minimum.
- Do you get quic
- k feedback after a showing?
Most importantly, do you still have questions that are still unanswered by
If any of these questions sound familiar, you may have hired the wrong
agent. Good news though, you have options. Immediately contact the
managing broker for your agent – they can be found in the office where
your agent works. Explain your concerns and ask for help. They may reassign your
listing to another agent or may cancel if it makes sense.
If you suspect you’ve hired the wrong agent, talk to the broker and resolve
the issue as quickly as possible. Wasting time can only cost you money.